Friday, October 31, 2008

The Late Show with David Letterman


Tomorrow Andy and I are headed to New York City, Lord willing. We booked our plane tickets a few weeks ago and have been looking into lots of fun things to do while we're there. One thing we thought would be fun was to go to one of the late shows. Our first pick was to see Conan, but they didn't have any tickets for him and we didn't want to go try to get standby tickets the day of. So, that leaves David Letterman.

Here's how it works: you submit an online request for tickets. If they have any available, they will call you close to the time you're wanting tickets and let you know. You then have to call a number and answer a random trivia question to get the tickets.

The only problem with this scenario is that Andy and I pretty much never turn our TV on, so we know little to nothing about the David Letterman show, making it difficult to answer any trivia question.

Here's Andy's email to me about how it all went down. It cracked me up so I thought I'd share it with you:

"She asked me how often we watched the show and I said MAYBE once a week. I had been watching clips online today, so I figured that was ok, right?? She asked who watched it most and I said we probably watched it the same. I think she was going to give me the option of having you answer the question. Anyways she said I could have no outside help and the question was, 'what color is Alan Kalter's hair?' I had no idea and I was trying to find it on Wikipedia and she told me it was a bright unusual color. I finally googled his name and clicked images, and it was orange and I got the tickets."

So, Wednesday at 4:30PM, we're going to be sitting in on the taping of the David Letterman show. Assuming my research proves me right, Tom Brokaw, Vera Farmiga, and Brad Paisley will be on the show. Andy is planning on wearing his cowboy hat so that we might be spottable on the show. And I will probably be bundled up because they supposedly keep the studio at 58 degrees!

You'll have to tune in and see if you can spot us!

4 comments:

Anna said...

that's funny!

mrs.fitz said...

i will definitely tune it to try and see you guys, and what fun!

mrs.fitz said...

well...i did tune in and i did see you guys!!

Brittany Strebeck said...

yesss!! alissa, the book.. i want you to know that i've recommended that book to so many people and i've read it like 3 times. thanks to you :)