- Akwardly crawl out from under the bathroom door, wallowing in bathroom floor germs, and making the person in the stall next to you wonder what on earth is going on.
- Call someone for help, also akwardly making the person in the stall next to you wonder what is happening.
- Text someone for help, hoping they will get your text message and respond in a timely manner.
- Tell the person using the bathroom in the stall next to you that you don't know that you're stuck in the stall and can't get out.
What would YOU do? Bathroom trauma is real. Have a plan.
- Implement the buddy system. Have someone who knows when you're going to the bathroom and if you don't return in 5 minutes, send them in after you. Or bring them along, just in case. (The time frame can be adjusted to 10 minutes if you're doing some serious business.)
- Carry a screwdriver with you at all times. People may laugh at you now, but they won't be laughing when you rescue them. From the bathroom.
- Always have your phone on you, in case you need to dial an emergency number if you get locked up.
- Keep steady conversations going with people who are using the bathroom in the stalls next to you. You might need them to be your friend.
Any other options would be much appreciated by me after today.