Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From Lubbock to the Nations

Monday night was the first night of the Fall 2008 Perspectives class here in Lubbock. After many months of prayer and hard work, everything culminated in one crazy night. Despite the craziness of it all, things went really well! We had around 70 people who came and around 40 people who signed up. Todd Ahrend from the Traveling Team spoke on "The Living God is a Missionary God." I don't know about anyone else, but it was refreshing and exciting to hear all over again God's redemptive plan. It's not a new thing - it's woven throughout Scripture, and stretches from creation throughout the history of the Church, and is still going on today. I have been grafted in as his child because of this.

Perspectives is something that overwhelms me every time I put a class together. What we are doing is serious. People's life plans and dreams and being changed. I am praying that Lubbock would become a sending force of people to the nations. That people across the world who have never heard the name of Jesus would come to know him through people from Lubbock because of Perspectives. Would you join me in praying such a bold prayer?

1 comment:

mrs.fitz said...

Awesome turnout! I was praying! And will continue to do so!