Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Wonderful Years

A few weeks ago Andy and I traveled to Mexico to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary. However, we weren't in Mexico on our actual anniversary. Our anniversary fell on Tuesday August 26th. If you're a faithful In the Hedges blog reader, you'll recognize this as the day after our Perspectives class started. And if you know anything about Perspectives, it's a massive undertaking, particularly during the first week of the first class. Seeing as how we both didn't get to bed until about 1 am on Tuesday morning, we were both pretty wiped out on our anniversary! Despite this, we had a really sweet anniversary (both in Mexico and the actual day), and I am more in love with my husband now than I ever heave been (and I was pretty in love when we got married)!

Here are just a few things I love about being married and love about my husband:
  • Every night is like having a slumber party with my best friend.
  • Being able to have friends or even strangers over to our house for meals or to stay with us.
  • Friendship. Andy is my best friend in the whole world and my confidant. He gives wonderful and wise advice, listens well, and lets me cry on his shoulder when I'm upset.
  • Encouragement. Spiritually, personally, professionally.
  • Having challenging conversations that cause us both to think and re-think through things.
  • Doing home projects together and even doing things like cleaning house together. Basically just being together.
  • Partnership in ministry. I don't have to do things alone. I have a prayer partner and a ministry partner to serve the Lord with.
  • Laughter. Andy makes me laugh so hard sometimes I can hardly stand it!
  • And overall, all of this combined points me towards Jesus! Andy's love towards me is a reminder to me of how sweet the love of Christ is for his bride, the Church.
Here are a few pictures from our wedding. I'm pretty sure we're already looking older!!!


“When God engaged to create man and woman and to ordain the union of marriage, he didn’t roll dice or draw straws or flip a coin. He patterned marriage very purposefully after the relationship between his Son and the Church, which he planned from eternity. And therefore marriage is a mystery – it contains and conceals a meaning far greater than what we see on the outside. What God has joined together in marriage is to be a reflection of the union between the Son of God and his bride, the Church.”

-John Piper

1 comment:

mrs.fitz said...

I was actually thinking of you guys on your anniversary. (yours, the Fitz's, and one of my good friends all have the same anniv. date) yay for two years!