Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's and Oysters



As you all know, yesterday was Valentine's Day. In celebration, Andy and I decided to go to a nice restaurant in downtown Lubbock with a professional chef for dinner. It was one of those meals where there are five courses that are brought out individually. The second course was oysters. Now, I've never tried oysters before, and I'm not much for seafood, but I figured what the heck, I'll give it a whirl. They didn't look bad either, they had a topping on them that looked like spinach and artichoke dip. And all over the place there was sprinkled parmesan cheese. When I saw the oysters, I thought, "Oh yummy, it'll be like seafood, with a bunch of spinach and artichoke dip, and cheese!!! Cheese makes everything delicious!"

So, I got a big bite of oysters, and the spinach topping, and just covered it all with the "cheese". Little did I know, this was NOT cheese. It was salt. And, the other thing I did not know is that oysters are absolutely disgusting. It was absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever eating, I think. It tasted like butt with and eighth of a cup of salt (I don't know what butt tastes like, but this has to be it). Even now when I think about it, it makes me want to hurl...

Despite that horrible experience, it was a fun date! Here a picture for your enjoyment from our Valentine's date.

No comments: